How to Wear a Midi Dress | The Best Summer Trend of 2019
A year ago, if you asked me, I would have fallen solidly in either the mini dress or maxi dress camp. I never even considered anything in between!
Now, this midi dress category is my favorite place to be - and I think more people need to be trying this trend.
The silhouette is feminine and classic, not to mention SO flattering. I've been wearing this style anywhere and everywhere this summer - bridal showers, weddings, date nights, parties, you name it!
- Make this classic look more modern: Go for bold colors and fun prints!
- If you're a shorter girl like me and are intimidated by this trend, try pairing your midi with simple nude heels. This streamlines your legs and makes you look taller!
- Look for a length that hits either right under your knee or just above the ankle - and AVOID anything that hits at the widest part of your calf! (Avoid it like the plage!!!)
- For a polished look, opt for dresses with minimal volume up top. I look for a fitted bodice or cinched waste, to create a nice A-line effect.
- For a more laid back look, go for a loose, flowy fit in breezy fabrics like cotton or linen.
For a more formal event, style these dresses with strappy sandals or pointed toe pumps.
If your going causal, opt for wedges, espadrilles, or sneakers for a dressed down vibe.
Check out my shop page for a round up of midi dresses I'm loving right now!