Fall Favorites 2018
1. Bath and Body Works Candles - Is this a given? My husband and I both love candles; our house is not a home unless there is a candle burning. So one of my favorite things to do when all the fall things hit retail shelves is to stock up on B&B candles for our home! I bet most of you reading this can relate. The fall scents are just so warm and cozy. From pumpkin pecan waffles and cinnamon spiced vanilla to leaves and autumn woods - I want them all!
2. Denim Jackets - One of my favorite fall transitional pieces is hands down a good denim jacket. I can style it with endless outfits! This is a great piece to wear with some of your summer pieces, like a sundress or a skirt and tank combo. You get to extend the life of your summer wardrobe but still feel fall appropriate while the temps outside are still in the 80's. A few of my favorites are this one by Levi's for a classic look, this one from Old Navy for a distressed look, and this one from American Eagle for an over-sized look.
3. Pumpkin Bread - I love any kind of sweet bread with my whole heart and soul - banana nut bread, cinnamon brioche bread, blueberry bread... Omg I’m drooling now. So it’s no surprise that this time of year I am constantly craving pumpkin bread! This recipe with chocolate chips is to die for. My ideal morning includes a fuzzy robe, hot cup of coffee, and a slice (or two) of this pumpkin bread.
4. Faux leather leggings - The fall/winter season is almost entirely synonymous with leggings season. One way to amp up a traditional sweater+boots or athleisure outfit is to switch out regular leggings for faux leather leggings. They add an edgy vibe to your look and create more visual interest! Who says leggings can't be pants? These are honestly the best pair I have ever owned and are so worth the price if you’re willing to splurge.
5. Smashbox Liquid Lipstick in Rose B4 Bros - The Smashbox liquid lip formula is one of my all time favorites. It's creamy and comfortable, and does not dry out your lips whatsoever! This is important when the cold weather starts to move in because we all know how awful chapped lips are. I’m specifically into the color Rose B4 Bros because it’s the perfect deep rosy mauve for my skin tone. I love the look of a dark vampy lip for fall, but I don’t personally rock that look very often because I don’t love those shades on me. That’s why this shade is my go-to for fall!
6. Tazo Refresh Mint Tea - Unpopular opinion: I actually am not a fan of the pumpkin spice latte! I kind of like the pumpkin spice chai tea, but truth be told I just never jumped on that train. What I do love for fall though, is hot tea before bed at night. The Tazo Refresh Mint tea, a mix of peppermint, spearmint, and tarragon, is definitely my favorite. It’s so refreshing and soothing, and it’s the best for unwinding after a long day!
7. Plaid Flannels - Honestly, what clothing item screams fall more than a plaid flannel? I would live in these things if I could. I love wearing them over-sized with leggings and over the knee boots for a cozy chic vibe. I also love them in a more tailored fit, tucked into jeans with booties. They’re so cozy and always on trend, so if you purchase one you will be able to wear it for years to come! I love this one from Abercrombie for a relaxed fit (I usually size up one size) and this one from Old Navy for a more fitted look (true to size).
8. Harry Potter Series - If you know me, you know how much of a Harry Potter nerd I am. My parents got me the books in a set for Christmas when I was 12. Since then, I can confidently say I have read the full series 5 times through (I am one of those people who re-reads books, my husband thinks it’s so weird). This series just brings back so much nostalgia, and I especially love it around this time of year, fall/winter. I also love the movies, and there is nothing better than a fall movie night!
9. Morphe 35O Palette - This eyeshadow palette is the epitome of fall to me! The warm neutrals and red/orange tones inspire me to create beautiful, smoky fall looks. I love Morphe shadows - they’re super affordable and very high quality. This palette is honestly a go-to of mine throughout the entire year because of the wide array of neutral mattes and shimmers, but having the red and orange shadows included as well makes it a definite must-have for fall!
10. Cardigans - Everyone has their favorite type of sweater, right? Pullover sweaters, oversized chunky knits, cropped sweaters, etc. My favorite is hands down cardigans! I love how versatile they are. I especially love this style from Target because it’s great for office wear but can also be worn over jeans and a cute tee. I also love this one because it’s so over-sized and cozy. Perfect for a cool autumn night!